The combination of goat’s cheese, capers and the season’s best green asparagus is simply divine. Serve this tart as a light lunch with a citrussy Riesling.
- 400g thin green asparagus, ends trimmed
- sheet of ready-made puff pastry (approx. 40x24cm)
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 125g soft, spreadable goat’s cheese
- 2 tbsps capers
- salt (preferably fleur de sel) and freshly-cracked pepper
- a little milk or whisked egg
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Roll out the puff pastry and place it on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Boil your asparagus for 3-5 minutes, drain and rinse quickly with cold water. Place them on a clean dish cloth. Whisk the crème fraîche, goat’s cheese, capers and salt and pepper. Don’t use too much salt as the capers are quite salty! Spread the mixture evenly over the pastry leaving an edge free all around, and top with the asparagus. Brush a little milk on the edges of the pastry and bake for about 30 minutes.